PERSONALITY, PERFORMANCE, PASSION...MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
Design Tasmania is an effective not-for-profit organisation dedicated to nurturing a vibrant design ecosystem locally and nationally. Our vision is for a successful Tasmania where 'Design Makes the Difference' to enterprises, the community, and individuals.
We are seeking an experienced, out-going, well-organised and highly motivated individual for the Program and Communications Manager. The role requires efficient day-to-day delivery and strategic development of our artistic exhibitions and programs and our high level internal and external communications to various stakeholders. The Program and Communications Manager will be an intelligent, creative and hands-on team player with outstanding interpersonal and communications skills with a passion for design and people.
- Being abreast of international design trends, initiatives and events and work with the CEO on the forward planning and strategic development of the Design Tasmania exhibitions and programs.
- Under the close oversight and guidance of the CEO deliver and oversee all relevant tasks for the implementation of internationally resonant exhibitions and programs onsite and offsite including contracts, risk assessments, schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with the CEO and Development Manager on the identification of sponsor and partnership opportunities tied to the exhibitions and programs.
- Co-ordinate the timely execution and delivery of exhibitions and programs with the CEO and stakeholders including sponsors and exhibitors.
Plan and coordinate any travelling exhibitions including the Tasmanian Wood Design Collection and online presentations of the collection or exhibitions.
- Co-ordinate public programs, community out-reach and education, including volunteers and events on site to support the exhibitions and programs.
Work collaboratively and harmoniously with all stakeholders, staff and volunteers and manage time efficiently.
- Plan and deliver effective communications strategies and tasks to garner audience participation and promote the exhibitions and programs.
- Assess and evaluate the impact of exhibitions and programs to the design community and audience segments with the CEO and prepare reports to funders and the Board.
- Develop and implement best-practice communications strategies for the exhibitions and programs.
- Manage internal communications including the briefings and reports to staff, volunteers and the Board in regard to the exhibition and program details as well as the annual calendar and events.
Applications Close Monday July 2nd, 2018
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Image Credit: Chris Crerar