Fellows & Members
Your membership and donation pledges help demonstrate the public value of Design Tasmania. By joining us you become a part of a community that helps to enrich the cultural landscape of art, craft and design on our island.
There are many ways to support Design Tasmania
Make a Donation
Leave a Bequest email@example.com
Become a Fellow Member
Join the Designer Member Program
Register your interest in becoming a general Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Design Tasmania also receives support from The Ian Potter Foundation, Arts Tasmania, The Australia Council for the Arts and Regional Arts Northern Tasmania.
Design Tasmania’s Fellows support the development of the Design Tasmania Wood Collection Acquisition program and are our primary resource for acquiring these works that make up the largest collection of it’s kind in Australia. Since our founding by Gary Cleveland in 1976, Design Tasmania provides industry leading support to designers and design audiences alike.
We invite you, through the Fellows Program to continue to enrich the culture of design in Tasmania for society now and generations to come.
Fellows are invited to join the program from $199–$2000*.
Support donations over the initial membership value of $199 are 100% tax deductible.
• Director’s Luncheons
• Donor’s Dinners
• Complimentary exhibition catalogues
• Reciprocal membership benefits at participating museums and art galleries
• Invitations to exhibition openings and VIP previews
• 10% off full priced items in the Design Tasmania Store
• Privileged access - personal tours of exhibitions and our Wood Collection for members and their guests
• Discounted rates for venue hire
• Monthly news of special events, lectures and children’s programs
To give more, we invite you to discuss joining our inaugural Foundation circle with us - contact via email@example.com or by phoning (03) 6331 5505.
Designer membership opens the door to new connections, design and ideas. It offers unparalleled opportunities for networking and learning, as well as professional and creative development.
• Get VIP access to events & openings
• Complimentary ticket to Design Lab - professional development workshops
• Network with curators, journalists, agents and collectors
• Complimentary exhibition catalogues
• Reciprocal membership benefits at participating museums and art galleries nationally
• 10% off all full priced items in the Design Tasmania Store
“I aspired to bring together elements such as a place for reflection, a space for children, an area to display ideas in a challenging way, and above all a place where imagination was dominant”
Co-Founder, Gary Cleveland AM (1930–2020)
Design Tasmania is home to the Design Tasmania Wood Collection of more than 80 pieces of furniture, lighting and objects of cultural and historical significance to the Australian craft and design movement of the 20th and 21st century. Donations and bequests help support caring for this collection the posterity of our island's history and for future generations.
Design Tasmania was envisaged by our late founder Gary Cleveland AM as the heart-centre of design for Tasmania’s designers and the community. We offer public and artistic programming as well as education programs, professional development opportunities for industry as well as fun public events aimed at telling the story of design and Tasmania.
We welcome your support in achieving our vision for the community.
Your donation helps Design Tasmania stage exhibitions, offer public programs, inspire the young, support the design industry as well as designer-makers and so much more.
Donate $2 or more today to receive a Tax Deductible Gift Receipt to the full value of your donation.