PERSONALITY, PERFORMANCE, PASSION...MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
Design Tasmania is an effective not-for-profit organisation dedicated to nurturing a vibrant design ecosystem locally and nationally. Our vision is for a successful Tasmania where 'Design Makes the Difference' to enterprises, the community, and individuals.
We are seeking a Development Manager who is experienced, out-going, well-organised and highly motivated with exceptional communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills. The role is responsible for identifying opportunities and increasing revenue streams in particular from corporate partnerships, philanthropy, Design Tasmania’s Mates program, venue hire and entrepreneurial activities related to Design Tasmania’s mission as presented through the exhibitions and programs. The Development Manager will be an intelligent, creative and hands-on team player with a passion for design and people and motivated to advance the organisation’s financial capacity and impact.
- Keeping abreast of current trends and research, develop and implement Funds Development strategies in sponsorships, corporate relations, fundraising and philanthropy as well as membership programs and other opportunities as identified
- Review and manage existing relationships and research, identify and secure new partnerships and relationships
- In collaboration with the Board, CEO and Program and Communications Manager plan and host events aligned to the Funds Development Strategy
- Work closely with the CEO and Program and Communications Manager on the identification of sponsor, benefaction and partnership opportunities tied to the exhibitions and programs
- Build and maintain a private patron network including an annual giving program and the Mates program
- Identify opportunities and grow support from philanthropic trusts and foundations
- Work closely with the CEO and Program and Communications Manager on all communications with stakeholders in all areas of the Funds Development Strategy
- Research, develop and implement strategy to generate income from venue hire at Design Tasmania and other entrepreneurial activities
Applications Close Monday July 2nd, 2018
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Image Credit: Chris Crerar