PERSONALITY, PERFORMANCE, PASSION...MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
We are seeking an experienced, out-going, well-organised and highly motivated individual for the Events and Development Coordinator. The role requires strategic development and efficient delivery of the Events and Funds Development Strategy and high level internal and external communications to various stakeholders. The Events and Development Coordinator will be an intelligent, creative and hands-on team player with outstanding attention to detail, interpersonal and communications skills with a passion for design and people.
Design Tasmania is an effective not-for-profit organisation dedicated to nurturing a vibrant design ecosystem locally and nationally. Our vision is for a successful Tasmania where 'Design Makes the Difference' to enterprises, the community, and individuals.
Design Tasmania is committed to positive public relations and increasing revenue to maximise its effectiveness and impact in the community as well as ensure the future viability of the organisation by increasing reserves. The organisation presents a range of ambitious exhibitions and programs and attracts a broad range of audiences and participation from locals and visitors. The Tasmanian Wood Design Collection, which has been established over 25 years, has a strong reputation for design excellence internationally and includes over 70 unique pieces. The role includes the effective engagement with the many activities and programs that Design Tasmania presents both on-site and off-site. A key component will be the preparation and activation of an Events and Funds Development Strategy in liaison with the Executive Director and Program and Communications Manager. The home of Design Tasmania at City Park presents a unique opportunity for the organisation present events and functions and increase earned income.
- Be aware of current trends and research in sponsorships, corporate relations, fundraising and philanthropy as well as membership programs and other opportunities as identified and develop and implement the Events and Funds Development Strategy
- Review and manage existing relationships and research, identify and secure new partnerships and relationships
- In collaboration with the Board, Executive Director and Program and Communications Manager plan and host events and functions aligned to the Events and Funds Development Strategy
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program and Communications Manager on the identification of sponsor, benefaction and partnership opportunities tied to the exhibitions and programs
- Build and maintain a private patron network including an annual giving program and the Mates program
- Identify opportunities and grow support from philanthropic trusts and foundations
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program and Communications Manager on communications with stakeholders in all areas of the Events and Funds Development Strategy
- Research, develop and implement strategies to generate income from venue hire at Design Tasmania and other entrepreneurial activities
- Work collaboratively and engage the Board, all staff and volunteers in the Events and Funds Development Strategy
- Prepare the annual Events and Funds Development budget in conjunction with the Executive Director and provide regular reports against the targets
- Assess and evaluate the impact of the Events and Funds Development Strategy and prepare oral and written reports to funders and the Board
- Nurture, build and maintain relationships internally and externally, being responsive to the needs of different groups
- Represent and uphold the organisation and its brand in the most positive and professional way possible to stakeholders and the general public.
Applications Close 4pm, Wednesday Nov 28, 2018
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE POSITION DESCRIPTION