General Conditions of Entry
The Design Tasmania Awards are open to designers permanently living in Tasmania. In terms of transient residents, the designer must have spent the majority of the past twelve months in the state from the date of entry.
- Individuals are invited to enter as many of their own original products as they wish. Each product will need a separate entry form and entry fee paid upon submission. The entered product has to have been created no earlier than July 1 2016.
- All products submitted must comply by the criteria set out in the applicable medium.
- All products must have the ability to be reproduced for the consumer market and the designer must provide examples of their process for reproduction upon submission of entry.
- If you are successful in the Top Ten your product may be purchased. Please be aware that if your product is successful through the retails outlets in Tasmania, your product may encounter orders of over 50. Be prepared to supply demand. Design Tasmania reserves the right to choose select items for purchase.
- If selected through to the Top Ten, you must be able to provide production ready units as per the criteria within the different mediums.
- To be eligible as a top ten finalist all entries must be available for sale.
- Entry forms and fees must be submitted online through the Design Tasmania Award website. All areas of the entry form must be filled out and can be found at www.designtasmania.com.au/award. Late entries will not be accepted.
- The entry fee of $30 is non-refundable.
- Payment via credit card is required with the entry form and can be performed online.
- Entries will not be accepted without payment prior to the closing date.
The Awards will be judged by a panel of independent judges to be announced by Design Tasmania. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The judges’ reserve the right to select entries for the ‘Top Ten’ and the ‘Future Focused’ showcase exhibition dependent on the overall category criteria. Unsuccessful entries may be not selected on these grounds and no discussion will be entered into.
- All entrants will be notified of the status of their entries via email, prior to the launch of the ‘Top Ten’ and the ‘Future Focused’ showcases.
- Entry fees will not be refunded for unselected entries.
- All unsuccessful entries must be collected by designers prior to the ‘Top Ten’ and the ‘Future Focused’ showcase launch from Design Tasmania.
- The Design Tasmanian Awards will only re-post products if postage has been prepaid for.
- Uncollected entries will become the property of Design Tasmania.
Announcement of Final Showcase
- There are two showcases, the ‘Top Ten’ and the ‘Future Focused’ category award finalists.
- The ‘Top Ten’ showcase will be successful entries that have been shortlisted to be eligible for the 2017 Design Tasmania Award, the People’s Choice Award and the Sustainability in Veneer Award.
- The ‘Future Focused’ showcase will be successful entries in the category ‘Furnishing My Future’ to be judged to win the Hawthorn Football Club ‘Future Focused’ Award only.
- Both showcases will be announced for the Design Tasmania Awards by email and successful entrants will be contacted directly to confirm delivery and inclusion in the finalist exhibition held at Design Tasmania, Launceston.
- Successful entrants in the showcase must deliver their products to Design Tasmania. Design Tasmania cannot organise pick up of the product. Late deliveries will not be accepted.
- The entrant is solely responsible for the arrangement and cost of delivery and collection of designs to and from Design Tasmania, Launceston, as well as the insurance of the products during transit.
- All unsuccessful applicants are required to collect their entries. Uncollected entries will become the property of Design Tasmania.
- Should someone other than the designer be collecting the entry on the designer’s behalf, please ensure they present a signed statement of release by the owner to pick up the product.
Announcement of Top Ten & Winners
- The Top Ten will be announced prior to the opening exhibition of The Design Tasmania Award at Design Tasmania, Launceston.
- The winners of the Design Tasmania Awards will be announced at the opening of the The Design Tasmania Award 2018 exhibition at Design Tasmania, Launceston.
Care and Insurance
- All care will be taken handling the design products entered in the Design Tasmania Awards but Design Tasmania and the centre will not accept responsibility for any damage to the product.
- It is expected that the works are fully insured by the designer for the period of the exhibition to cover any damage incurred. Design Tasmania and the centre will not be liable for any costs associated with any damage incurred.
Sale of Works
- All exhibited designs must be submitted with a wholesale price. All products in the top ten will be subject to the addition of a retail margin for sale.
- All successful entries that are selected in the top ten showcase are to fulfill orders of stock to sell before the exhibition opening at Design Tasmania.
- If you are successful in the Top Ten your product may be purchased, please be aware that if your product is successful through the retails outlets in Tasmania, your product may encounter orders of over 50. Be prepared to supply demand. Design Tasmania reserves the right to choose select items for purchase.
- The Design Tasmania Award, Design Tasmania and the centre reserve the right to photograph exhibits for publicity, archival and educational purposes.